Not too long ago, in the blogger world, a lovely fellow blogger over at All My Kids In a Row found me on Facebook and nominated me for a Liebster Award. It’s amazing seeing how our little Gnome World is growing and spreading in the cyber world!
Here are the questions I have been asked to answer:
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog and what did it come from?
I was playing around with a few names. I think another name I was thinking of was “The Learning Tree.” However, this blog is really dedicated to my two babes and “curious” is definitely one of the best words to describe them. As for “little gnomes,” we sometimes call my daughter, “Nomes” for short (Naomi) and let’s face it, they’re as cute as little garden gnomes no? 😉
2. Where does your blogging inspirations come from?
The obvious answer would be my two little gnomes themselves! We moved from Australia to America about 6 months ago. While we are still in the process of finding our permanent place here in America, we decided that I would stay home with the kids instead of putting them in a new daycare. It’s been a challenging new adventure with the kids. They had such wonderful teachers back at their previous daycare center and I don’t want them to lose that desire to learn. I wanted to make sure they are still constantly learning, stimulated, and growing. I challenged myself into developing something new for them to explore and learn. The new fellow-moms I meet in the cyber world and real world have been amazing and their creativity astound me. Thank YOU ladies for your inspiration.
3. What is it that you love most about blogging?
I love doing active, fun, and educational activities with my children. I usually post photos of our everyday activities on Instagram or Facebook to share with family and friends around the world. My cousin suggested I should start a blog! Why not I thought? I used to love writing in my journal and then in my children’s individual journals. This is a great way to combine the three! Plus, it’s a great way to “meet” and share with other fellow-parents around the world.
4. What is your favorite food?
I am….a food-lover. If I have to choose….dark chocolate. ARGH so cliche but true.
5. Your favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
Alcoholic – either mojito or sangria
Non-alcoholic – a PROPER cappuccino (I miss you Australia) from a REAL cafe
6. What is an item you cannot live without?
Um….coffee. Notice a trend? T_T
7. 11 random facts about yourself
- I love to dance – but it’s been a while
- I eat like an inmate in prison – No one touches my food and I eat hella fast
- I’ve lived in three different countries – Taiwan, USA, Australia
- I don’t like it when random folks tell me how to raise my kids – keep your opinion to yourself!
- I am legally blind in one eye and apparently the floater in that eye is like a ticking time-bomb. I’ve been told to not bungee jump or skydive or I might lose my vision all together in that eye! Brilliant
- I am extremely loyal and protective of loved-ones
- I used to be really messy growing up. Now, mess drives me up the wall
- I love it when people (I know, hairdressers, masseuse, etc) play with my hair, but I hate it when people touch my head! I know, weird. I guess I used to find it condescending
- I used to bellydance and was part of a troupe
- I went to UCSB
- I met my husband in Hooters. Long story.
8. If you can live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Well, my husband and I worked very hard to move the family to the States. So we are very happy here! Although a few countries sound and seem idealistic: France or Switzerland (great place to raise a family)!
9. If you could meet anyone from history, dead or alive, who would it be?
For some reason, when I read, “anyone from history,” I assume they are dead. Am I wrong?
I didn’t have a person’s name jump out of me when I read this question but I do admire Charlotte Bronte and love her work. Such a fascinating person with such a sad life surrounded by illness and death. Jane Eyre was my all time favorite while growing up.
10. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Hiking aka bushwalking. Can’t wait to do more when the kids are older and look less like coyote bait!
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully still in California. I’d love to find my creative outlet and have my own business of some sort.
That’s me in a nutshell! Now to nominate a few other (some new and some justs new to me!) bloggers you love out there…
Now for the nominees:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to do the following:
- Write a post about the fact that you’ve been nominated.
- In said post, link back to and show some love to the people who nominated you as well as nominate 11 other new blogs that you enjoy.
- Answer the below questions about yourself.
- Go on social media and let all of those other blogs know that you’ve nominated them.
Here are your questions:
- How did you decide on the name of your blog and what did it come from?
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- What is it that you love most about blogging?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
- What is an item you cannot live without?
- What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Again, thank you All My Kids In a Row for nominating us! Please make sure to visit her wonderful blog too!